William Beaumont Army Medical Center – Full Time
Period of Performance: 12-months period
Place of Performance: William Beaumont Army Medical Center (WBAMC), Fort Bliss, TX. Schedule: Full Time, Shifts will be 10, 12, 14, 16 or 24 hours to include weekend coverage
Duties and Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
– Perform Anesthesia services in accordance with industrial best practices applicable to Department of Defense guidance and in accordance with their medical licensure.
– Provide pre-operative evaluations and preparation of the patient.
– Provide regional anesthesia to include spinal, epidural, bier block, axillary block, interscalene block, and other regional blocks.
– Provide monitoring of patient reactions to anesthesia and surgery to include managing fluid therapy and shall respond to patient responses with appropriate anesthesia care.
– Provide pain intervention care or respond to emergency situations in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit or other areas of the Medical Treatment Facility as needed.
– Provide post-operative evaluations of the patients.
– Check anesthesia equipment for function before proceeding with an anesthetic; provide limited end-user maintenance of anesthesia equipment; and ensure cleanliness of anesthesia equipment.
– Respond to cardiopulmonary resuscitation calls, trauma calls in the ER, and intubation requests made throughout the facility.
– Complete all required documentation utilizing facility information systems as required and shall place his/her name stamp on all forms and documentation requiring his/her signature.
– Consult with an anesthesiologist or attending physician for any American Society of Anesthesia (ASA) physical classification of III or greater regarding patient situations of adverse reactions necessitating non – delegated medical decisions and taking appropriate actions as required or directed.
-Serve as adjunct clinical instructor/faculty member in the Phase II United States Army Nurse Anesthesia Program.
– Participate in Anesthesia Service Quality Improvement/Assurance programs as time and workload permit and adhere to safety procedures and regulations at all times. Respect and maintain the basic rights of patients, demonstrating concern for personal dignity and human relationships.
– Active and unrestricted medical license.
– Graduate from an accredited Master or Doctor of Science in Nursing Degree – Anesthesia Program
– Possess current board certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist by the National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
– Minimum of one year of experience actively practicing as a fulltime certified registered nurse anesthetist during the last year which enables him/her to perform the specific tasks listed for their specialty
– Active DEA
– Active BLS
– Active ACLS
Fort Bliss, TX
Full-time, Facility, 1099
Annual Estimated Salary or Payment
To Apply Contact