Join the discussion. Sign up for your free TheCRNA.com membership today.

Get started

Discussion Rules & FAQs

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Greenie 7 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Greenie
    Participant

Quick (rather stupid) question for CRNA’S. Do any of your facilities have a rule about bringing personal purses or bags into the OR? I’m just talking about anesthesia providers. We CRNA’s usually carry a bag containing items such as stethoscope, nerve stimulator, “cheat notebook”, etc. We keep the bags in our locker and bring them into the OR with us. They never leave the hospital. Recently a new military-trained RN came onboard and is creating all sorts of havoc over our bags in the OR. We keep them up by our area, out of anyone’s way. I’ve been at this facility almost 30 years and this has never been an issue until now. I checked the AORN guidelines and as long as bags, briefcases, backpacks are off the floor and able to be cleaned with disinfectant, they are permitted. I’m not sure how or what to do about this issue, as I’ve recently been written up by said nurse over it. Any one else have this problem??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You Must Be Logged In To Use TheCRNA Forums. Sign In or Register For Free.

Get started